PDA

View Full Version : Frontosa Question

Blessed Redeemer
09-04-2007, 05:51 PM
I picked up a marineland lobster tank from my work about 6 months ago. I cleaned it all out and pulled all the parts out form underneath because none of them worked. It is about ten years old, so if i want the parts I would have to order them all back in. But getting to my question, fronts are at a very deep point in the lakes, so I am assuming the water is cold. Now would a marineland rifrigerated lobster tanks be to cold for them to breed, or just to cold altogeth.

Mbovinet told me he was putting frozen 2 liter bottles in his filtrations and he still can't get it cold enough. So the thought popped in my head. So just give me your feed back. And if anyone want a lobster tank, cleaned with no parts you can have it for 100 bucks. Its about a 55 tall or so not sure exactly what it holds. Needs a little modification depending on what you want it to do.

Just let me know

Thanks Guys

Brandon

mbovinet
09-04-2007, 06:53 PM
First off a 55 gallon tank is way to small to house and breed adult Frontosa in. Temp wise I like to keep mine at 75-76 degrees. Nothing too much colder than that. I have no idea on what temps get to in a setup like that but my guess it will be way too cold

Also those you did get from me are years away from breeding. Females mature at about 2+ years and males add another year onto that

Blessed Redeemer
09-05-2007, 11:54 AM
alright cool i took my heater out of my tank and they seem to be doing fine. I also have two acei in with them and looking ot get a third. then that should be enough, cuz its getting kinda crowded.