PDA

View Full Version : confused eretmodus

marlinperkins
01-30-2008, 08:43 PM
I noticed today that a lonely eretmodus that I have in a tank with some petricolas, plecos and 2 angels was looking a little fuller in the mouth today. Upon further investigation, I noticed that there was a dropped vent and that the stomach was a little flattened...I fed and dropped some tantalizing NLS pellets in there and 'she' ran at them and through them and normally gobbles them up...then I noticed the 'rolling rocks' routine going on in the mouth...

do they practice spawning with themselves hoping to find a male? has anyone ever had this happen before? and....any sure fire way to tell male and female except drop one of my other ones in the tank and see if htey can not kill each other before they breed? way too bizarre...just thought I'd check to see if anyone else had witnessed such weirdness!

sara

davidhusker
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
i had a female taiwan reef spawn by herself once. crazy fish...

if i had to guess thats what id say.

bobrfish
01-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Not Eretmodus but a Tropheus duboisi female would spawn and hold like clockwork. No male in the tank.

2cool
01-30-2008, 10:07 PM
I use to have a Mpimbwe Frontosa that would hold poo
Fish are crazy!

Captain Obvious
01-31-2008, 11:00 AM
I use to have a Mpimbwe Frontosa that would hold poo
Fish are crazy!

Now that is funny. :lol:

2cool
01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Dead serious I had them in a 350 plus tank at my old store. I was so excited that when a week later I checked her she had gravel and poop, it was disturbing!!