PDA

View Full Version : Hello all - Tiger Oscar

Asipes
07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
First I want to say Thank you for having this site. I was beginning to think there wasn't anything around that might be able to help me.

I bought my home almost 3 years ago. The previous owners abandoned their tiger oscar. .....He wasn't that big of a fish then. :) I bought him a new tank, biowheel the whole works. I keep that sucker clean, I make sure the amonia levels are okay. Python to do water changes- Anyway - he's about 11 or 12 inches long now. No matter what I do he still seems to suffer from a small case of HITH. He's been on a varied diet, treated for Heximia etc. Blah Blah Blah I'm rambling - here's the situation. I was diagnosed with MS May 2007. I need to know if Oklahoma has any rescues that would be willing to take him. It bums me out to have to go this route, but there's no way I can do this any longer. It takes energry I just don't have. :( He's in a 55 gallon tank, which in my opinion is a little small for him - and I'm willing to let that tank go for cheap.

Any advice would be great. Thanks so much guys for having this place I certainly wasn't finding any help in the yellow pages.

CichlidAddict
07-01-2008, 01:13 PM
If you don't find anyone on here you could always post a Craigslist ad. There should be someone local willing to give him a good home.

xEchOx
07-01-2008, 01:38 PM
You could also try www.monsterfishrescue.com. The guy that runs the site is pretty busy during the summer so don't be discouraged if you don't hear from him right away. I believe he might be able to help you, if not give you some good advice.