PDA

View Full Version : 72 Bow Front

cichlidomaha
08-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I finally found the time to set it up. Yes! I know an utter miracle, I purchased the set up about 3 weeks ago. So I have been wanting to get it up for a couple of weeks. The day has finally came, it is all up and running. Now I have to wait at least a couple of days, for it to clear up. I set it up with Carib Sea African Cichlid mix. Black and white the Salt & Pepper look. It came from Fish Freaks it is awesome looking sand. Mike has more,you can get yours their too, he has a great price on it for your Cichlid tank. Anyway once it clears up it is going to house my Para. Nigripinnis group and my 8 - Sm. Syn. Petricolas

Along with my Group of L333 Plecos.

Once it settles and the Fish are used to there new home, I will post some pictures.
Cichlid Power!!

Thomas

mbovinet
08-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Sounds good Tom. Can't wait for the pics. I know you've been itchin to get her setup!!!

john_d
08-09-2009, 07:59 PM
congrats on the setup looking forward to some picks

cichlidomaha
08-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks: Mike and John, It is about half cleared up already, mabye by Tomorrow after work it will be completely cleared up. And I can finish it up by adding the fish,the remaining rock, & driftwood. I cannot wait till it's completey set up like ia want it. Pictures on the way later this week.

Cichlid Power!!
Thomas

dansquez
08-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I bought the same Sand, had to do 4 water changes to get it cleared up. Don't stir-up the sand. When I siphon the crap off the bottom it sucks up sand too ( $22 for a 20lb. bag !! ), Be careful.

cichlidomaha
08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
You should rinse the sand first, before adding it to the tank. I also was careful not to stir up the sand when adding water. When you siphon the debri off the top. You do not touch the sand just siphon above the surface of the sand and you will not siphon up the sand. Just a few pointers that do work. Cichlid Power!!
Thomas

mbovinet
08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't wash the sand at all and it's clear normally overnight. All depends on your filteration setup on that tank

khien77
08-13-2009, 11:32 AM
I also bought the same sand from Mike...did not rinse and have had no issues.

Tom,

Hope you enjoy your tank. I was with the person that sold it to you ;)

cichlidomaha
08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Thank you: I remember you: What Kind of fish are you keeping?

Cichlid Power!!
Thomas

khien77
08-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I have a frontosa tank...and a white calvus tank. Looking to add some cyps to my calvus tank but haven't had any luck finding them.