PDA

View Full Version : frozen food feeding ?

cichlidChad
02-12-2010, 09:32 AM
ok, so i need a brilliant solution here. every time i feed my plecos any sort of frozen food, i have to shut of all of my powerheads overnight and turn them back on the next morning. if i didnt do this, the food would just get sucked up and shredded. what a pain. are there any sorts of feeders out there that would work for plecos? or any diy solutions people have came up with? the problem is that there is a decent current throughout the tank with no real dead spots. any suggestions would be great. thanks!

-chad

cichlidChad
02-12-2010, 10:26 AM
well, after tooling around on some forums, i have an answer to my own question. a lot of people use a tube to allow thawed frozen food to sink to the substrate. then, as long as the powerhead isnt too strong, it should stay put. i also see some people use small containers such as a pill bottle to place the food in and let the plecos eat out of. i will give the tube idea a shot this weekend i think.

other ideas?

-chad

mjlfish
02-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Use rocks to create a deadspace in the current like in a real river. The plecos should really like that too.

lmod58
02-13-2010, 01:14 AM
i agree with the dead space too