+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pundamilia Igneopennis

1. Default Pundamilia Igneopennis

I recently aquired a trio from Led at the Nebraska swap meet.Thanks Led!!They are also known as the black and orange nyererei.Today when I got home from work the smallest female was in the act of spawning.I did not feed them since I got them,and I only turned the lights on for 6 hrs. a day.Thanks again Led,by the way the males eye looks 90% better already,may have to enter this guy in the MCA fish show!!M1

http://www.bigskycichlids.com/images/Pigneopinus_5.jpg

Congrats M1

Seems like Lake Victoria cichlids like Iowa water or at least M1 water. HAHAHA
    How does it feel? ... Like a Rolling Stone!

3. Default

Thanks Bob,I was wondering how things are working out with your Chromogenys,any activity yet?M1

4. Default

This is the fish.M1

Nice pickup M1!!!! he looks nice. let me know when you get some fry from him, i may be interested.
    Do Fish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malawione
    Thanks Bob,I was wondering how things are working out with your Chromogenys,any activity yet?M1
    I lost most of them including a female that held. I became too excited and stripped the female. Larger fry in the tank sucked P. chromogenys fry right out of the box. I feel prety stupid.

That small female was always the one that held for me. How are the Kenya Gold doing? Have a good group going now? Probably have some spawns with them already too don't you?
    Led

Political Correctness/PC- an excuse used to take away the Freedom of Speech

Bill Belicheat had a whopping win percentage of .450 with the Cleveland Browns and tons of high draft pics...with the NE Cheatriots he is at .7, the difference....CHEATING! He is still the same coach.

Kenya golds are in my son's mbuna tank. No male has gone gold yet. I think I need to get them out of there.
    X. phytophagus and P. nyereri, Python island have been spawning but nothing from A. nubulis, P. chromogenys and kenya gold. I suspect I just need to find the right home for each and they will spawn.

9. Default

No spawns from the Kenya Gold yet Led,working on it though!

Sorry to hear about the Chromogenys Bob,I am sure you will turn it around,I have faith in you!M1

Dragon,I will let you know how this first spawn works out,the big guy is courting the larger female as I type this!M1

Kevin, I tore the tank down today and there are only two Kenya Gold in there. Both males.

Next swap, we can do some trading.

I should have a few. :)
    Led

Political Correctness/PC- an excuse used to take away the Freedom of Speech

Bill Belicheat had a whopping win percentage of .450 with the Cleveland Browns and tons of high draft pics...with the NE Cheatriots he is at .7, the difference....CHEATING! He is still the same coach.

+ Reply to Thread