+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gobies. gobies and gobies

Default gobies. gobies and gobies

i was wondering if anyone had much interest in gobie cichlids?? i had a spathodus and a tanganicodus and thought they were the most enjoyable of my fish.
    unfortunately my spathodus i purchased was sick when i got him and was hoping he would make it. a week later i had to send him to fishy heaven.
    my tanganicodus did great i had her for a couple of weeks, when i decided to up grade my tank (72 bow front) to a 150 gallon tall. we got the tank set up used a seasoned canister filter and used gravel. put the fish in and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! i came home from work less then 24 hours later to find out what 150 gallons of water looks like on the floor. it turned out to have a stress fracture on the bottom.
    : thank god my significant other got home right after it happened and thought to have saved my fish. put them in an extra 55 gallon we have.
    well, as it just to keep on the trend of great things. my tropheus dubosi (which were tankmates) decided to get bloat and out of the 10 i started with i have 2 remaining. then for some great reason my spouse decided to put lamp. brichardi in with them. i went to check on my fish and my poor tanginacodus was just chased ragged. i moved her again in to a 20 gal hospital tank and she too went to fishy heaven.
    so.... like i said i was wondering if any one else has interest in them . i am surly getting more soon. i would love a pair of tanginacodus. i think they are the best looking. my second favorite is eretmodus.

Sure, I like the gobies too although I don't currently own any. I tried Eretmodus once but the males are way too hard on the females. I've been wanting to try Tanganicodus but they are impossible to find here in Indiana. Usually if you want gobies, you have to pay for them to be shipped to you. Too exspensive for me!
    Roy

I have 8 eretmodus in a 50g currently. Very interesting fish. I recently got them from bluechip.

I can periodically find gobies in the chicago area.

Chris
    The tropheus are starting to call again!!!
    fish pictures http://webpages.charter.net/chazard/chris/
    wiscichlidforum.com

there is a store in greenfield wi that sometimes gets in tanganicodus and i have been waiting for him to order me a pair since early feb. every time we go to the area we stop in to see if they are in i am told they pushed back the order a couple weeks. i m getting kinda stir crazy waiting on him. :?

I just purchased a WC pair of Spathodus Erythrodon this past weekend from A World of Fish in Richfield, MN. Awesome little fish. I put them in a 20L with a bristlenose and 1 Syno. Multipunctatus. I've only had them for a couple days, but I love their character. They spend just as much time watching me as I spend watching them. And they are very beautiful. I love the little blue spots. I'll try to post a few pics sometime soon. Oh, and when I was up there Friday they just got in a WC pair of Eretmodus Cyan. and had 1 WC Tanganicodus. Chose the Spathodus over the Erets. Man, that was a tough one!

Frustrating fish, lost many. This fish bicker with each other all day long. They do not handle stress well and need O2 saturation that is very high.

Once had a pair breed a few times but never got fry. Female opened her mouth to eat flake food and eggs dropped out. Other two times, the eggs just disappeared.
    How does it feel? ... Like a Rolling Stone!

7. Default Eretmodus

I have raised several batches before my lone female got bumped off. Actuallly bapping some at the IAA swap this weekend.

Oyster, the Erets purchased from you spawned. While moving to larger tank she spit the eggs.

Live and learn. :roll: :roll: :roll:
    How does it feel? ... Like a Rolling Stone!

9. Default Spitting

Erets eggs develop quickly so you can strip them early if you like and they are very hardy.

the fry are very susceptable to poor water quality though.

good luck

+ Reply to Thread