+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello all - Tiger Oscar

1. Default Hello all - Tiger Oscar

First I want to say Thank you for having this site. I was beginning to think there wasn't anything around that might be able to help me.

I bought my home almost 3 years ago. The previous owners abandoned their tiger oscar. .....He wasn't that big of a fish then. :) I bought him a new tank, biowheel the whole works. I keep that sucker clean, I make sure the amonia levels are okay. Python to do water changes- Anyway - he's about 11 or 12 inches long now. No matter what I do he still seems to suffer from a small case of HITH. He's been on a varied diet, treated for Heximia etc. Blah Blah Blah I'm rambling - here's the situation. I was diagnosed with MS May 2007. I need to know if Oklahoma has any rescues that would be willing to take him. It bums me out to have to go this route, but there's no way I can do this any longer. It takes energry I just don't have. :( He's in a 55 gallon tank, which in my opinion is a little small for him - and I'm willing to let that tank go for cheap.

Any advice would be great. Thanks so much guys for having this place I certainly wasn't finding any help in the yellow pages.

If you don't find anyone on here you could always post a Craigslist ad. There should be someone local willing to give him a good home.
    240 gallon - Mixed CA/SA
    40 gallon breeder - Yellow labs and red zebras
    40 gallon breeder - Polypterus (weeksii, delhezi, albino senengal)

3. Default

You could also try www.monsterfishrescue.com. The guy that runs the site is pretty busy during the summer so don't be discouraged if you don't hear from him right away. I believe he might be able to help you, if not give you some good advice.
    ~Rush~

+ Reply to Thread