+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bristlenose spawned

Default Bristlenose spawned

For the past three weeks I have been conditioning my Albino bristlenose to spawn. Recently I noticed my male hiding in the cave. Tonight I checked the back of the cave and I noticed I have wigglers. I just wish I knew which of the 3 females the male spawned with. This is the first catfish I have spawned.

congrats!

GREAT... congratulations on the spawn..

I first started out with just a pair in a 10 gallon tank. I think the first female wasn't mature enough, but one of the others must have been. Hopefully the male will be busy spawning. Luckily I have 2 other males I can switch around so that the first male won't wear himself out.

Congrats!!!
    Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes??

http://www.iowaaquatichobbyist.com/

Awesome!

Congratulations!!! Thats realy cool.

Very cool. Congrats!!
    Follow Fish Freaks on Facebook

Fish Freaks

10711 Mockingbird Dr
    Omaha NE 68127

402-934-8588

Congrats!

Ahhh i still remember my first bristl nose spawn! good times!
    -The ONE and ONLY Cichlid Master-

I just recently purchased a "mated" pair of bn pleco's. I think they were spawning while I made the purchase and brought them home. Neither would leave the cave and voila.....2weeks later and I now have lil ones running around the tank everywhere. I am simply using hbh baby bites and nls grow and a veggie disc every other day or so. Any other hints as to proper feeding and such for the new born wigglers running around????
    265 gallons. breeding C.Moori, Aul. Rubescens, white labs, yell. labs, and soon will have Zrock lith. breeding size, met. est. OB, OB peacocks, blue ahli, Albino Sunshine peacock, Benga peacocks.

before you know it , you'll have hundreds

Blog Entries

I remember 25 yr ago when bristle nose were the exotic pleco and had to pay high dollar for them. I wish I would have had a cave in my tank back then. I about cried when they died. they are cool cats and I still own some today. Mine seem to breed better in the winter time for some reason. I had 3 spawns last winter and I havent had one since may. ( they must have got divorced)

brian, if you want some babies ABN come over - I have a new batch of babies every other week. Lately I have been dumping the babies into the big tank for fish food

+ Reply to Thread